- Molokai: Farewell to ‘unifying spirit’- Maui News; see also: Molokai Residents and NOAA Disagree on KP2’s Future- KHON2- The blessing on Wednesday for KP2 seemed to have helped resolve some of the disputes between NOAA and the community.
- Nominations sought for Papahanaumokuakea workshop on Midway Atoll- Honolulu Advertiser
- Shark Conservation Act of 2009 Approaches the Finish Line in Senate- Animal Welfare Institute
- Conservation Organizations Join Legal Effort to Protect Endangered Blue Whale- Center for Biological Diversity (press release)
- Unknowingly Consuming Endangered Tuna- Science Daily (press release)- about mislabeling of tuna in sushi
Marine Spatial Planning
- Seeking Wind Energy, Some Consider the Sea- New York Times
- Flight Technology to Allow for Wave-Energy Harvesting – Softpedia- news.softpedia.com
Global Food Security
- Norway – General Statement by The Minister of Agriculture and Food of Norway- ISRIA- Talks about how sustainable fisheries and aquaculture are key to global food security.