National Ocean Policy
- Oceans are in deep water- The Buffalo News- editorial by Les Blumenthal- McClatchy Newspapers- With marine life threatened, bureaucrats squabble over who should oversee policies. Good overview of widespread issues affecting the oceans and the recommendations made in the Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force’s interim report.
- Pew Environmental Group Calls for Immediate Steps to Conserve the Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Species- AZoCleantech- more about ICCAT’s decision for the bluefin tuna quota
- Great Barrier Reef survival “requires 25pct CO2 cut”- Reuters
- When it Comes to CO2, What Goes Up Isn’t Always Coming Down- NOAA
- Fate of reefs depends on Copenhagen summit- Natural History Museum: Coral reefs could be condemned to extinction at next month’s Copenhagen climate summit, at an economic cost of nearly £600,000 per hectare in some areas, and a loss of livelihood for 500 million people. That was the warning given by Pavan Sukhdev at the Natural History Museum’s Annual Science Lecture last night, in his talk, The Value of Nature.
- MLPA could hit coast fishing hard- ESPN- also mentions Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force’s interim report.
- Palau calls for UN ban on bottom trawling- Fishnewseu
- NOAA Fisheries Publishes a Final Rule for South Atlantic Snapper-Grouper Amendment 15B- StarNewsOnline.