Climate Change/Ocean Acidification
- Losing Nemo: Is there time to save the seas?- Times Online- The ocean is acidifying and coral reefs are dying. And it will only get worse until we rein in our emissions
- Obama science advisers grilled over hacked e-mails- AP
Marine National Monuments
- Here, fishy fishy- Honolulu Weekly- editorial in response to an article that ran Nov.11th (Top predator: A tangle of political power and unchecked funding leaves marine life at risk) criticizing the Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council’s (WESPAC) management of grant funding in the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas and Guam.
- UN General Assembly to call for greater protection of the deep sea- Fishnewseu- The UN General Assembly will today call upon all high seas fishing nations to intensify their efforts to protect vulnerable deep-sea life in the international waters of the world’s oceans.
- Ancient coral has climate data- ScienceAlert
- Jekyll-and-Hyde factor makes marine bacteria cause ‘coral bleaching’- Daily News & Analysis
- Humpback whale remains entangled, but with less rope, off Maui- Los Angeles Times
- Court rejects lawsuit over polar bears- Anchorage Daily News- concerning lawsuit about conflict with oil drilling and polar bears
- U.S. lawsuit targets pesticide impact on polar bears- Reuters
- DNA ‘Barcodes’ Surface Fishy Imposters on Menus- Wall Street Journal