- UN-backed experts propose ban in trading in endangered bluefin tuna- UN News Centre
- Nigeria: IMO Battles to Retain Regulation of Ship Emission- AllAfrica.com
- NOAA Assesses Post-Tsunami Marine Debris in American Samoa- NOAA
- Portions of Arctic coastline eroding, no end in sight, says new CU-Boulder study- EurekAlert
- Submersibles find new species northwest of Hawaii- The Associated Press- corals & sponges
- Group threatens lawsuit over 144 species- The Associated Press- The Center for Biological Diversity is threatening to go to court if the Obama administration doesn't start making progress on a backlog of endangered species listings.
- Federal Court Rules Wind Energy Project in Violation of Endangered Species Act- Alternative Power Construction- although this is a land-based wind project, this could have implications for future offshore wind farms.
- Bigeye tuna faces extinction as protection calls fail- Sydney Morning Herald
- Urchins invade without lobsters- ScienceAlert
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
News clips for Tuesday, December 15th, 2009
Posted by Rachel at Tuesday, December 15, 2009