- At Copenhagen global warming conference, alarms on ocean acidification- Christian Science Monitor
- Obama Ocean Task Force Plans to Resolve Competing User Conflicts- Environment News Service- About new interim MSP framework
- How Best to "Weatherproof" Earth's Corals Against Warming-Induced Bleaching- CO2 Science Magazine
- Endangered crab falls prey to poachers for medicine testing- Times of India- about Horseshoe crabs
- Disappointed with Arctic drilling- Grand Junction Free Press- editorial
- Paddy Power offers odds on polar bears- guardian.co.uk (blog)- Ireland's largest bookmaker is now taking bets on the survival of endangered species (polar bear); interesting blog about taking bets on climate change-related catastrophes.
- Sponges found on ocean floor 'absolutely bizarre'- Honolulu Advertiser- with video- Discoveries resemble 'Dr. Seuss' drawings or 'Alien' movie monsters
- Dominican Government takes Caribbean Biological Corridor to Copenhagen- Dominican Today- The Dominican Government on Monday announced it will present in the Copenhagen Climatic Change Summit, the Caribbean Biological Corridor, an initiative designed with Cuba and Haiti to bolster environmental, social, economic and cultural projects in the region.
- Ocean of Robots- NBC San Diego- Oceanographers awarded funding for a new development of underwater robots
- Surveillance and control of fishing weak on the seas- Peace fm Online- Ghana
- India steps up vigil to stop hunting of dolphins and Oliver Ridley turtles- Earthtimes (press release)
- Nearly 100 New Species Described by California Academy of Sciences in 2009- Science Daily (press release)
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
News clips for Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Posted by Rachel at Wednesday, December 16, 2009