- Shark fins traced to endangered populations- msnbc.com
- Sustainable Ocean Summit planned for June 2010 in Belfast- Fishnewseu- A special seminar on “Marine Spatial Planning - What Ocean Industries Need to Know” will focus on this rapidly emerging approach to marine governance and the role of industry.
- A Closer Look at the Hudson Canyon Shows Why the Canyon is Critical for Fish- News from Rutgers- results from a recent research trip to Hudson Canyon, 100 mi. SE of New York Harbor.
- NOAA Proposes Critical Habitat for Cook Inlet Beluga Whales- NOAA
- America's 11 Hottest Species Stressed by Climate Change- Environment News Service
- Marine aquaculture could feed growing world population- EurekAlert (press release)
- United States leadership in the Arctic Ocean- San Luis Obispo Tribune- editorial by Paul Arthur Berkman, Director of Arctic Ocean Geopolitics Programme at Scott Polar Research Institute, University of Cambridge; Kenneth S. Yalowitz, Director of the John Sloan Dickey Center for International Understanding, Dartmouth College; and Oran R. Young professor at the Bren School of Environmental Science and Management, University of California Santa Barbara.
- The PISCES project- WWF-UK- WWF’s new PISCES project is bringing together everyone who has an interest in protecting the Celtic Sea, a region of the Atlantic Ocean off south-west Britain and western France. Our goal is a healthy, well-managed ecosystem, where marine wildlife can thrive and human activities are sustainable in the long-term.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
News clips for Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009
Posted by Rachel at Wednesday, December 02, 2009