- Save ‘special’ carnivores plea- BBC News – UK- Giant otters, monk seals, walruses, spectacled bears, giant and red pandas and the odd-looking fossa are among the carnivores most in need of conserving.
- The 70-ft Blue Whale That Washed Up on the Californian Coast- Environmental Graffiti – London,England,UK- photos and story about the blue whale that washed ashore after being hit by a NOAA vessel in October.
- HK markets selling endangered shark fins: US study- AFP
- How Can Humanity Avoid or Reverse the Dangers Posed by a Warming Climate?- Scientific American
- Ocean acidification will cost us dearly- Bradenton Herald
- Holland-Bartels: Pioneering new climate-change policies- Washington Post- about Leslie Holland-Bartels of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)’s climate change research that led to listing the polar bear as a threatened species under the Endangered Species Act.
- Antarctic to feed major sea rise- BBC
- Starfish threaten Shirahama coral reefs- The Japan Times
Marine Protected Areas
- Chilean local authority submits proposal for marine protected area in Patagonian fjords of Tortel -Fishnewseu
- Schwarzenegger’s MLPA: Marine Life Guardians or Corporate Privateers?- Bay Area Indymedia- discusses controversies with the Marine Life Protection Act implementation.
- Costa Cruises Cuts Fuel and Water Use by 5%- Environmental Leader- also talks about efforts other cruiselines are undertaking to cut consumption
- Op-Ed Contributor A Treaty on Ice- New York Times- about issues with the Antarctic treaty